Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Importance of Taking Care of Your Skin at Home

As I stressed my first post, having a solid, consistent skincare routine at home is VERY important.  As a skin therapist, I may only see you a couple times a month.  However, you have the opportunity to help your skin everyday.  (Also to insure that you get lasting results from your professional treatments, you will want to make sure you are consistently using the right products at home.)

So you may wonder what exactly your home care regimen should consist of.  To take the best care of your skin at home you will want to utilize:  cleanser, exfoliant, a masque, toner, a serum, eye cream, moisturizer, and sunscreen.  Yes, I realize to some of you this sounds like a lot, but anything worth having, takes some effort.  To have beautiful skin, it takes effort.  God only gave you one face, it is your responsibility to take care of it.

I am going to do a series of posts on each one of these steps.  I want to tell you why each step is important and provide some guidance as to what type of product may be right for you.

Photo courtesy of ASCP

No comments:

Post a Comment